- 4-color (CMYK) drop-on-demand MicroPiezo® ink jet technology
- Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Black
Ink Cartridge Configuration
- 5 individual ink cartridges (2 black)
- DURABrite Ultra Ink
(smudge, fade and water resistant)
Light Resistance / Print Longevity
Minimum Ink Droplet Size
Maximum Resolution (dots per inch)
- 5760 x 1440 optimized dpi
- World's Fastest Document Ink Jet
- Black text up to 37 ppm (draft)
- Color text up to 20 ppm (draft)
- Laser quality black text up to 25 ppm
- Laser quality color text up to 11 ppm
- See Note 2
Maximum Paper Size
- 3.5" x 5", 4" x 6", 5" x 7", 8" x 10", 8.5" x 11", 8.5" x 14", A4, B5, A5, A6, Half letter, Executive, User definable (3.5" ? 44" in length)
Borderless Photo Sizes
- 3.5" x 5", 4" x 6", 5" x 7", 8" x 10", 8.5" x 11", A4
- Supports plain paper, Epson Bright White Paper, Photo Paper Glossy, Premium Photo Paper Glossy, Ultra Premium Photo Paper Glossy, Premium Photo Paper Semi-gloss,Presentation Paper Matte, Premium Presentation Paper Matte and Matte Scrapbook Photo Paper (letter)
- No. 10, DL, C6; plain paper, bond paper, air mail
Input Paper Capacity
Recommended Ink Cartridges
- 68 Black (2 required) (T068120-D1)
- 69 Cyan (T069220)
- 69 Magenta (T069320)
- 69 Yellow (T069420)
- See Note 3
Ink Yield Information
Weight and Dimensions (W x D x H)
17.1" x 9.4" x 6.3"
17.1" x 18.5" x 11.1"
- Windows Vista, XP, XP x64, 2000
- Mac OS® X 10.2.8, 10.3.9, 10.4.X or later4
- Epson printer driver, Web to Page, ArcSoft® PhotoImpression
- Auto Photo Correction4, ICM
50 ° to 95 °F (10 ° to 35 °C)
-4 ° to 140 °F (-20 ° to 60 °C)
20 ? 80%
5 ? 85% (no condensation)
- Safety standards UL60950, CSA C22.2 No. 60950 EMI FCC Part 15 subpart B class B, CAN/CSA-CEI/IEC CISPR 22 class B
- Rated voltage
120 VAC +/- 10%
- Rated frequency
50 ? 60 Hz
- Rated current
0.4 ? 0.2 Amp (max.)
- Approx. 15 W ISO 10561
- Approx. 2.0 W (Sleep Mode)
- ENERGY STAR compliant
- 1 Ink fade resistance ratings based on accelerated testing of unframed color prints on plain paper in indoor display conditions. Actual print stability will vary according to light intensity, temperature, humidity and other factors. Epson does not guarantee the longevity of prints. See www.wilhelm-research.com
- 2 PPM speeds measured after first page, based on black and color text patterns in Draft Mode on plain paper. Laser quality based on Default Mode. Additional print time will vary based on system configuration, software application and page complexity. See www.epson.com/printspeed for more information about print speeds.
World's Fastest Document Inkjet: Fastest black text printing, compared to ink jet printers under $160 available as of April 2007; up to two times faster compared to ink jets under $100. Based on independent test in Default Mode printing typical office documents.
- 3 We recommend that you use genuine Epson ink cartridges. The use of other products may affect your print quality and could result in printer damage. Cartridge yields vary considerably based on images printed, print settings, paper type, frequency of use and temperature. For print quality, a small amount of ink remains in the cartridge after the ?Replace cartridge? indicator comes on. The printer ships with full cartridges and part of the ink from the first cartridges is used for priming the printer. See www.epson.com/cartridgeinfo for more information about cartridges.
- 4 Available on Windows and Mac OS X 10.5 or later. See www.apple.com for Mac OS release dates. See www.epson.com/support to download the latest Mac OS X 10.5 drivers.
- Two Black cartridges allow about twice as much black printing, at about twice the speed, as compared to printing with a single Black cartridge.